Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My first meal for the blog

Well I was going to make red devils keema and mishti kumra, but felt like doing something for the blog. So I made, Rainbow Trout Curry with Beans and white rice. Something Bangali but with fresh fish. I despise the smell of the frozen for a million years fish, thus i usually eat salmon or trout, the local fish.

Rainbow Trout Curry:

I first fried 1 and half onions in olive oil, with salt and little bit of tomato puree. then for a change, i added some Radhuni Masala Fish Curry powder. Then some chili powder and saute'ed that for awhile. Then I cut the whole trout up into small pieces, (you can leave out the head, but us Bangalis eat it all), and added them into the mix adding a little water, so that they dont stick to the bottom. Then on low heat, cooked it, adding water as I went along. Towards the end I added some beans.

Voila! some Bangi curry with some Brit fish :D.

Now I will eat it with some shada bhaat (white rice) and lebu (lemon).

2 comments:

lightlovetiptoes said...

yumm

Armeen Musa said...

just make sure you're fish is fresh, i made it again today but couldnt eat it :( now i'm hungry