Monday, February 25, 2008

Keema Yum...


I made Aloo Keema (Beef mince with potato) and Mishit Kumra Bhaji (Stir-Fried Pumkin) for dinner today and it was absolutely delicious. :D (if I do say so myself) :p

First up for the keema (beef mince). I chopped up sum onions into fine pieces and potatoes into small cubes. Then I heated up the oil and fried the onions. After a while I added turmeric, red chilli, garlic, ginger, garam masala, black pepper and a bit of water and then kept heating it. Right after it gave out this awesome smell :D I added the keema and fried that for a bit and then added the potatoes and fried it all and then let it simmer for a while.


I started chopping up the pumpkins and then took a smoke break.

Then I heated up a pan, fried the onions and added pach phoron (a blend of spices) kalo jira (black caraway) black pepper, garlic, ginger, turmeric and red chilli. Then I added the pumpkin and salt and stir fried it. Both the dishes finished.
Served it with rice. Yum :D

They both tasted so good. The keema and mishti kumra both had a slight bit of gravy to it and it tasted awesome with the rice :D

Had Coke and Mars bar for desert :D

1 comment:

angeltread said...

Keema Yum INDEED! I think i'll cook this meal myself today. But i don't have paach phorron :(